Thursday, May 8, 2014

One in a Melon

Happy Thursday, everyone!  It's Becca with my first Jubilee post for DrPhilScraps.com.

Summer is on its way, and with it comes lots of opportunities for celebration.  I used the Jubilee WOTG and coordinating Fancy Fair stamp set to create a birthday card for my dad.


The B&T paper is two sides of the same piece. I cut a 5.5"x 6" piece and used scissors to cut and notch out the ticket shape. I glued the two pieces to a 5.75"x 5.75" piece of Cranberry cardstock, overlapping where the blue pattern and ticket pattern met enough to cover where the ticket notches were cut.  I cut a 6"x 12" piece of white cardstock and folded it in half for my card base.

Because the paper had so much pattern to it, I needed the large accent circle to be one color. I embossed the circle image with clear powder then used a Sponge Dauber with Cranberry ink to create more definition.

The watermelon was stamped in Topiary and Cranberry.  Using the same Sponge Dauber with Cranberry ink, I colored the watermelon, cut out the pink part, and mounted it over top of the Topiary image.  I used a black marker to color the seeds and topped them with a touch of Liquid Glass to make them shine.

The sentiment is from one of the zip strips. I trimmed it down and cut a banner notch in the end.  I should have glued it down before I did the stitching, but I forgot.  You can't see it in the photo, but I left the "Melon" part of the sentiment loose and curled up the edge for a little dimension.

To give myself a triangle of black, I added sequins to the top left.

Here's the inside sentiment. Using the Fancy Fair set, I stamped "Come One, Come All To A" in Pacifica on the inside of the card. I then stamped again in Cranberry on a small piece of white paper.  I cut the "Come All" out and glued it over top of the Pacifica one.  The rest of the images are single stamps with additional ink colors of Topiary and Honey.  I didn't bother to make ruler marks, I just eyeballed it.  Love that about the clear stamps!!

Since I was including this card in a large, padded envelope with a set of notecards for my mother's birthday, I didn't have to worry about the extra postage due to the odd size and extra thickness.  If you were to send something like this in regular mail, I highly recommend using either a padded envelope or cutting some bubble wrap to include in a regular envelope.

For those of you paying attention, yes, that means my mother's birthday present went out in the same envelope as my father's birthday card. And yes, that makes me something of a terrible daughter.  However, when this post goes live, I will be in Paris and looking for gifts which will elevate me back into their good graces. LOL!

Until next time,
Becca


 Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. You bless me!