Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Writer's World Wednesday

Story ideas--or at least little seeds--happen if you just pay attention.  As my daughter and I were touring Paris last week, we heard the story of how 60% of the city was torn down in the 1800's.  The reasons were many: streets too narrow to allow for a breeze to blow away the stench, people unable to avoid chamber pots being emptied on their heads.  But the real reason was because Parisians tended to riot all the time and the army couldn't get their canons through the narrow streets.

So they tore the whole city down and started over again.

What if you were one of the displaced ones? What would you do? Where would you go?  Might you be so desperate that you answered an advertisement to become a mail-order bride all the way in far-off America?

Hmmm...

Until next time,
Becca

1 comment:

  1. Hmmm! I'll read it!
    I, too, am fascinated by the historical details. I can't travel through Arizona a without thinking how incredibly difficult it must have been to travel in a wagon! My daughter gets it that when she is late home, I can write 6 stories in my head what has happened to her - so she if ally started calling when she might be late! LOL but I'm more of a reader than writer . . .

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. You bless me!