Saturday, May 17, 2014

Your Laughter

I'm rewarding myself for having finished the first draft of my novella by spending the day playing with the Online Card Class: Watercolor for Card Makers.  I'm on Days 3 and 4.  I used the technique where you put watercolor onto an acrylic block, spritz it, and then put your stamp into the pool of blended colors. I am also entering this in CASual Fridays: Three Thirds challenge since I used three colors (CTMH Hollyhock, Gypsy, and Honey), and Less is More: Flowers.


I liked this technique because it allowed me to get a double bang for my buck.  The flower and the background were both created using the same pool of blended colors from my block.  Plus, it allowed me to put a dot of Honey ink in the center of the flower.  To create even more Honey color there, I went back over it using the Bokah technique where I used a pencil eraser.

It doesn't show up in the photo, but I spritzed my acrylic block with glimmer mist.  The background and flower have a subtle shimmer that is really beautiful.  The sewing wasn't difficult, but it was time-consuming.  It was my favorite part of the example card, though, and I think it was worth the effort.

I am thrilled to have a technique to use with this particular stamp.  It's an old one from CTMH that hasn't seen much use. 

Off to play even more, so don't be surprised if there is a second post--maybe even a third--that shows up today.

Until next time,
Becca

9 comments:

  1. WOW. Way cool card!!! Inspiring.

    Gail

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is terrific Becca, it's so eye-catching!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOWser, all that patience with the stitching - "SEW" worthwhile (sorry!!!!)

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing your card at Less is More. It's stunning and beautifully coloured and embellished. Sarah
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow thisi is so fun Becca. Thank you so much for sharing with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super, striking card.
    Lynne xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super card Becca, love the embellishments to your flower
    Thank you for your LIM entry
    Anne
    Less is More Designer

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great watercolor technique! Really pretty flower. Thanks so much for joining the CAS-ual Fridays Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super pretty technique. I need to do catch up on the class!
    Thanks for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. You bless me!