Friday, February 27, 2015

Happy Mail

My sister is fighting a pretty big health battle.  I wanted to send her a little something just to let her know I'm thinking of her.  I combined the color challenge from Color My Heart with Mojo Monday #386 for this card:


Here's the supply list, all CTMH:
  • Stamps: Jubilee Workshop on the Go (retired) and Happy Mail
  • Ink: Sunset, Honey, Olive, Outdoor Denim
  • Paper: Sunset, Olive, Outdoor Denim, and ProPlayer (retired)
  • Accessory: Resin flower from Pemberly Workshop on the Go (retired)
I only had a small scrap of the ProPlayer B&T paper left.  It was 2" wide.  I cut it into two strips, lined them up very carefully, supplemented the length with a 1" border of plain Outdoor Denim on top and bottom, and you would never know if I didn't tell you.

There was lots of fussy cutting on this card.  The flower was stamped three times in three different ink colors, then each layer was cut out and glued together to create the effect of a tri-colored image.

Since I liked the idea of securing the banner with the stitching along the left side, I had to do a little finagling.  I used a smidgeon of glue to secure the left side of the banner to the ProPlayer paper, sewed just that one side, slid the next layer under the banner, then foam mounted the main image over top.

I hope this brings a little cheer to my sister and reminds her that, though we are miles apart, we are always close.

Until next time,
Becca

7 comments:

  1. Becca, what a lovely card! Just beautiful! Thanks for joining us at Color My Heart Color Dare.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card! Love all the stitching and the random stamping on your banner. Thank you for inspiring us at Color My Heart Challenge Blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all the stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This card is sure to make your sister feel loved, Becca! I love the elongated size...it seems to make it even more interesting. Thanks for taking the Color Dare!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the stitching! This is a beautiful card, thank you for joining us this week with Color Dare.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad to see you playing along with us this week! You did a great job with these colors. (For a second I saw an eyeball on this card before I looked up close! :) LOL)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. You bless me!