Thursday, February 5, 2015

You Mean the World to Me

Masculine Valentine's Day cards...aaaaaah!  Cards for men are hard enough for me; throw in a holiday replete with flowers, lace, chocolate, and all things mushy, and I'm at a loss. 

But then came inspiration in the saying "You Mean the World to Me" from the stamp set by the same name, the globe from the set "Here We Go," and the "Wanderful Workshop on the Go" sent to me by the lovely Shannon from Stampin' Buds for design team duties.


I have long been in love with the off-kilter top panel look.  There's something fun and chic about it.  But, if you decide to copy this, may I give you a hard-earned piece of advice?  Cut your top panel, lay it on your card base, and then line it up on a craft mat or something where you can measure the exact center and draw a light pencil line from top to bottom so you can line up the globe base (stamped in Slate ink).
 
The globe was stamped on a separate piece of white cardstock in Flaxen the sponged with Crystal Blue ink.  You could get the same effect by creating a mask, but I figured it was easier to do a separate piece for the sake of lining it up.  I stamped the dotted line arrow after the globe was glued.
 
Here's the inside:
 
 
I don't always decorate the inside of a card, but this one was just calling for it...probably because I couldn't figure out a way to add the sentiment on the front without taking away from the off-kilter top panel which I'd already cut.  And (shhh, don't tell anyone) a decorated inside takes up lots of space and saves you from having to write much of a personal note.
 
Not that I don't have lots to say about how much I love my hubby, but it never fits on the inside of a card anyway.
 
Masculine Valentine. Check! Now I just have to figure out how to get through the holiday without falling off the Weight Watcher's bandwagon.
 
Until next time,
Becca
 
 
 

1 comment:

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. You bless me!