Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Writer's World Wednesdays - Bezalel Brunch

One of the things I've been working on these past few months is a Bible study curriculum.  My friend, Mitzi (who has done the lion's share of the work), and I were inspired by the story of Bezalel who is the first person in the Bible to be filled with the Holy Spirit.  He was filled with wisdom, understanding, and all kinds of craftsmanship.  It sent us on a journey to see God as a creative creator and us, when we exercise our creativity, as reflections of Him.

It's been a fabulous journey.

We finished up class last week, and today we are having a silent auction of various things the ladies in our group have crafted.  We're calling it our Bezalel Brunch.

I, of course, added a copy of The Homestead Brides, but I also added my final revision of "Waiting on a Promise" printed on August 22, 2014.  Because I grew up before personal computers were a household item, I simply have to print out a copy to be able to see some of the things that need correction.  I knew my Bible study group was planning to do something like the auction way back in August, so I saved the copy for this specific purpose.  (I put in someplace where I would be sure to find and then...yeah. Found it just in the nick of time!!)  It has folded up corners and red pen marks all through it.

Mitzi and I are both staring at a military move this summer, so we aren't planning to pursue publication of our Bezalel Bible study curriculum just yet.  I'll be sure to let you know if something happens on that front.

Speaking of letting you know things, please come back next week.  I'll be hosting the blog hop that's going on with the nine authors of the The Homestead Brides and the fabulous raffle prize we're offering, plus I expect to be able to announce more good news on the writing front!

Until next time,
Becca

2 comments:

  1. I hope your move goes smoothly, or at least as smooth as a military move goes.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. You bless me!