Friday, October 7, 2011

Happy Birthday to Me Ma


Several years ago a friend told me she sent a birthday card to her mother on her own birthday. Well, today is my birthday so I decided to send my mom, who is also a breast cancer survivor, a card. It's an added bonus that October is Breast Cancer Awareness month.

This card is entered in the Heart 2 Heart sketch challenge this week.



All supplies except the white, pleated ribbon and accent pearls are CTMH. I used the "Kiss and Twist" technique on the stamped ribbon using a snowflake which happened to be sitting on my desk. The center panel was cut with the CTMH Art Philosophy Cricut cartridge. Oh yeah...having fun with that!

If you follow my blog, you will recognize that white, pleated ribbon from my last post. I will be back at Hobby Lobby tomorrow so...hmm...think I might need to get some more! What the heck, the day after my birthday still counts for me to buy myself a present. Right?

With the left overs of the center panel cuts, I made the following card for my sister-in-law who has a birthday next week.


The close up here shows you the black roses in a little better detail. I used a ton (and I do mean a TON) of liquid glass to hold the black roses onto the crocheted flowers and then to attach them all to the paper. I hope it holds up in the mail.

Again, all supplies are from CTMH. This is the "Wicked" set plus the swirly from "Pair-A-Phrase", both freebies when I purchased my Art Philosophy in August. I hope she doesn't look to witchy. My sister-in-law loves her jewelry, so the inside says, "Have a BLING Birthday!"
Until next time,
Becca

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful cards, Becca! And Happy Birthday!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Becca! Thank you so much for sharing your story, sketch and inspiration. HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both of your cards are beautiful! I love the idea of sending your mother a card on your birthday. Thanks for playing along at H2H!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. You bless me!