Monday, November 12, 2012

Best Foot Forward

My daughter is in a contest.  The winner gets to go shoe shopping.  Since I am too far away to cheer her on up close and personal, I made her this card based off the Mojo Monday Sketch 267.


All supplies are CTMH except for the lace ribbon (flower leaves) and my Copic BG75 which I used to create the teal background mat, ribbon, and flower center.  Paper is Avonlea, satin ribbon is Slate, embossing powder is Mirror Platinum, and stamps are from Find Your Style (shoe, discontinued) and Wicked (sentiment, discontinued).  I actually wrote in permanent ink on my Find Your Style carrier sheet that Wicked had a shoe sentiment.
 
The flower center is a pearl brad with a gold rim.  I was trying to just color the gold rim but I flubbed and got ink on the pearl part.  Nothing to do but color it as well.  Except the color wasn't going on smooth.  Again, nothing to do but make it look like I intended it to be splotchy all along.  As it turns out, I actually like the variegated/splotchy look.
 
I created the flower by folding my Slate ribbon in half, sewing it with the a gathering stitch, and then pulling thread to bunch it up.  I'm not sure what all is behind there to keep it together, but I think there's some tape, Liquid Glass (also CTMH), and a staple to hold the leaves onto the paper.  It's a good thing no one actually sees the mess under the pretty!
 
The inside sentiment says, "Live inspired; Dream with possibility."  Here's to my girl!
 
Until next time,
Becca
 
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. I love this card it looks so vintage, Love your flower. Flowers are my favorite thing so this caught my eye right off. Great inspiration.
    Linda K.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. You bless me!