Sunday, July 26, 2015

A Little Message

Still crafting from the hotel room.  I'm actually more tired of my wardrobe than my limited craft supplies.  But, there's a glimmer of hope on the horizon.  The last two crates are supposed to arrive in Fairbanks on Tuesday, so we hope to be into our new home this coming Wednesday or Thursday.


If you've been following along this hotel crafting journey, you can see the progression of where I'm taking pictures.  We started on the dresser, proceeded to the bed, and now it's the window ledge.  Stuff is creeping into every corner of the hotel room, so it's getting harder and harder to find a clean surface.  Or I could say that I wanted to take a picture in direct sunlight to make sure you caught the Liquid Glass on the typewriter keys.  Yeah...let's go with that!

Speaking of the Liquid Glass typewriter keys, may I give you a piece of advice?  Let them dry longer than you think it's going to take.  If you touch to test and they aren't completely dry, there's no quick fix.  Did you notice I have two layers to the typewriter?  You might have thought I planned it that way.  You'd be wrong.  Now, to be honest, I like the double layer so it ended up being a "good"  mistake.

I'm entering this in the following challenges:

Color My Heart: Canary, Cranberry, Slate, and White Daisy
CASology: Line
Addicted to CAS: Chevron (2nd entry)
Less is More: Snippets

I'm not entirely sure what "snippets" means, but I think it's using small bits of this or that.  Yeah...let's go with that, too!

All supplies are CTMH except the Baker's Twine and sequins.  The typewriter and sentiment are from a retired set.  So glad I got it when it was available because I'll be using this one over and over again.  This card is for a fellow author who's taken some tough criticism.  I thought I'd send her a little message of appreciation for all she does.

Until next time,
Becca

10 comments:

  1. Great card Becca! And you're right, snippets are indeed small leftover bits of this and that - normal people would usually throw them out, most crafters never do though!

    Hugs

    Di xx (Less is More Snippets GD)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cute! I've been thinking about you lately; I need to "back read" to catch up on your journey! Hope it's all good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, crafting from a hotel room--that is what I call dedication! Love this card, especially with its happy mistake. That typewriter is a fantastic image, and I like how you've used some patterned papers up in the corners.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card! I love the glossy typewriter keys?...very clever. The angles at the top are really cool, too! Thanks for joining us at Color My Heart!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've certainly cracked the snippets Becca and love your striking and fun card.
    Great to see what you can manage in a hotel room. Perfect make and thanks for playing along at both ATCAS and Less is More.
    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fabulous card! I love how you designed the top part of your card and embellished with the sequins. Thank you for inspiring us at Color My Heart Challenge Blog.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well done for persevering in your hotel room and what a great design. I love the angles at the top with the dots, chevrons and stripes of your twine. And love the glossy keys too.
    Thanks for sharing with us.
    Anita x
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fun way to add color with the angles of washi, paper and twine. Makes an awesome card! Thanks for taking the Color Dare!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a perfect layout, as well as use of a bright chevron and a muted distressed image. Crafting in a hotel room - that would be impossible for me, I never know what supplies I shall need. You're a magician! Thanks for sharing with us. -Sweet Kobylkin, ATCAS

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love how you placed the chevrons and added liquid glass to the typewriter keys, Becca! You've done an amazing job...especially working in a hotel room! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at Addicted to CAS! And...good luck in your new home :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. You bless me!