Friday, July 3, 2015

Thanks...

Hubby and I have made it to Alaska.  At last count, over 2 million acres have burned in forest fires started by lightning strikes.  The smoke is thick, so it's an inside kind of day even though the sun is shining.  We have been invited out to dinner tonight.  I wanted to make a set of note cards as a thank you using the supplies I carted from Oklahoma.  Fortunately, the Color My Heart dare this week uses colors at least similar to what I have with me.


This card measures 4.25" x 3.5".  I cut my 8.25" x 11" paper in half to give me a 5.5" x 8.25".  I then trimmed 1.25" off to measure 5.5" x 7".  I folded it in half the long way to get my 4.25" x 3.5" card base.  I decorated the 1.25" x 5.5" leftover strip with a 1" x 5.5" strip of decorative paper ("Superhero", retired CTMH, with Cranberry, Moonstruck, and Colonial White colors).  The space left at the bottom gave me just enough room to stamp "Thanks" from the set called "Finding the Words." 

Before foam mounting this strip onto the card base, I used it as a placement guide to stamp "so very much" on the card base.  I then cut a small strip of Black Shimmer Trim, snipped the edges into a "V", and adhered it.  Once the base was complete, I adhered the "Thanks" strip using foam mounting tape.  A couple of black sequins (the only non-CTMH supply) adhered with Liquid Glass added the finishing touch.

It's good to be back in the crafting world again.

Until next time,
Becca

3 comments:

  1. Love the fact you travel with your crafting supplies. I usually bring something with me to at least brainstorm and plan. Fabulous card! Safe travels!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your clean and simple card design, Becca! So glad you are able to craft again. Thanks for sharing your lovely card with us at Color My Heart Color Dare again.
    :) Marie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Becca, your cards always come across as elegant and refined to me. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. You bless me!