Saturday, June 4, 2016

Altenew Anniversary

Today I pulled out the last set of stamps I purchased from Altenew to celebrate my three-book contract with Kensington Publishing.  This card uses Peony Bouquet, and I'm entering it in the Altenew June Inspiration Challenge and CAS-ual Fridays: Floral.


I stamped all the images in Tim Holtz Wild Honey Distress ink on watercolor paper.  Using black on the flowers and a combination of green and brown on the leaves, I watercolored each section and did something I rarely do.  I was patient.  Then I trimmed them out as close to the line as possible.

I ran watercolor paper through a Quatrefoil embossing folder and then used the direct to paper technique with CTMH Canary ink to highlight the pattern.

The sentiment is also Altenew. It's from Vintage Roses. I embossed it with white detail powder on vellum cut in a fish-tail banner.

This will be going out to my parents in a couple weeks to celebrate their 58th anniversary. A huge congratulations to them from all of us lucky enough to follow their example.

Until next time,
Becca

4 comments:

  1. Stunning card! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is an absolutely beautiful card and I just love he colours. I came by your blog by accident but will be popping back to see more of your creations now,

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this happy, sunny card. What a wonderful milestone for your parents. Good for them!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. You bless me!