Thursday, June 16, 2016

Blog Hop Like a 'Boss

Welcome to this month's Blog Hops with Heart..."Like a 'Boss."  I completely CASE'd this card.


This is the card I cased.  I used all CTMH stamps and supplies:
  • Stamps: Shower Flowers, Big Hug
  • Ink: Lagoon, Hollyhock, Flaxen, Eggplant (pigment): Thistle and Black (dye ink)
  • Paper: Nevermore (retired)
  • Cricut: Artistry
  • Accessories: Clear embossing powder, Red Wire, foam tape
Here's another option:


I started by cutting the butterfly and background panel.  I welded a square and banner shape together to create the background panel. (Here's the cutting file for Design Space.) After I stamped various flowers from "Shower Flowers" in colored pigment inks, I poured clear embossing powder over top and heated. Then I sponged Thistle dye ink over top.

One of the great parts about pigment ink is that it stays wet long enough to add embossing powder over the top. Basically, you can create any color of embossing you want.

Now you're off to Shelly's blog.  You should have come from Kelly's blog.  Blog Hops with Heart is a circle, so keep going until you get back to where you started. If you get lost, go back to Amie's blog for a full list of this month's participants.

Until next time,
Becca

2 comments:

  1. Amazing card, Becca! The embossing is gorgeous, and I love Nevermore paper on the bottom of the card!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. You bless me!