Friday, February 23, 2018
Pretty in Pink Blog Hop
Blog Hops with Heart decided to coordinate with the current "Pretty in Pink" special CTMH is running until the end of the month. Selected products (pictured above) are on sale, so stock up before next Tuesday. Here's my card:
This is one of those "Oops. Well...let's fix it by..." things. I started by trying to copy this card I saw on Pinterest. I used all three layers of the smallest flower from the Beautiful You set, stamping them in Bashful, Blossom, and Smoothie ink. I cut a mask then stamped leaves in Fern with Nutmeg as the veins. I did a cluster of three flowers on white cardstock, stamped the stitched tag (from the retired Packages, Boxes, and Tags stamp set) with Black ink, then trimming it out with Micro-tip Scissors. I used a pencil to draw and outline of the tag on my card base so I could plan out where to stamp the two background flowers and leaves.
My first oops was when I used a sales receipt as a mask on my flowers. Fern ink bled through. After stamping , I added splatters of Fern and Blossom ink to disguise it. (Done by squeezing the closed ink pad so the lid picked up ink from the pad, turning the lid over, wetting a paint brush with water, swirling it in the ink, then flicking the wet brush over the tag and card base.) I then stamped several blobs from the Splash of Color stamp set (my new "go to" set) in Bashful ink so my tag stood out from the rest of the background.
I added my sentiment by embossing MY FRIEND from the Beautiful You set in White Super Fine Embossing Powder. I die cut "for" using the retired Thankful for You thin cuts. Since I didn't know what color I wanted the "for" to be, I cut it from white cardstock and then sponged it with Smoothie (not dark enough) and then Pomegranate ink.
After I finished assembling the entire card, I felt like the splatters went too far over on the left side, so I decided to trim down the front, add a border of striped paper from the retired Cats and Bats paper pack, and then glue it to a new, clean white card base. I was good to go until the final oops. I turned the card front over onto my craft mat to glue the black and white striped paper, putting it right over the top of where I'd sponged "for" with Pomegranate ink.
Yeah...trimmed that off. I was left with a 4 x 3.5 card front that I then glued to a 4x4 card base. It wasn't what I originally intended, but I'm quite happy with how it turned out.
This month we have five ladies participating in the hop. It's a circle, so if you started her keep going to Wendy's blog. You should have come from Jayma's blog, but you can start anywhere. And remember to stock up on PINK before the end of the month.
Until next time,