Tuesday, July 17, 2018

Shadow Box Wedding Gift with Fresh Air Paper

My nephew got married about a month ago. I created a customized gift using their "Save the Date" postcard, CTMH Fresh Air paper, and a shadow box purchased at Michaels.


This was incredibly simple to put together. I glued Fresh Air paper directly to the base frame. The bumps from the rivets holding the metal thingies that rotate into the hole thingies (to hold the back onto the frame) were visible until I put the whole thing back in place. Then the extra wide frame hid them. (I hope that makes sense.) I added White Burlap Ribbon along the seam between the wood grain and tree patterned paper and a short banner or more Fresh Air paper before putting the framed picture over the top. I then made a bow and adhered it, with lots of dimension in both the bow and tails, using Liquid Glass. Everything went into the frame, then I added the cork letters over the top (retired product) and colored them with a Copic marker to make it darker.

I love how the Fresh Air paper compliments the background of their photo which was taken on the Oregon Coast. That paper retires at the end of August. It's been a huge seller, so be sure to get yours before it's gone!

I'm flying to Denver today to participate in the Romance Writers of America annual conference. It's my first time going and I'm a little nervous. Check that...I'm overwhelmed. That seems to be my mode of operation these days. I'll try to post some pictures of the conference if I have time to breath between sessions.

Until next time,
Becca

1 comment:

  1. Excellent article. I definitely appreciate this website. Keep writing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. You bless me!