Saturday, December 15, 2018

Congratulations Card

A dear friend and fellow author just reached a huge milestone in her career. To help her celebrate, I made her a card combining products from three different companies.


That gorgeous flower is a multi-layer die cut from Altenew, the sentiment is from MFT, and the scallop edge border and all paper is from CTMH. I think I'm going to recreate this exact same card but reverse the patterned paper, making the flower the plaid and the border the dotted pattern.

Since meeting my deadline back in November, I've been catching up on life and spending hours in my craft room to recover. I've been reading a couple of really interesting books to spark ideas for a novella collection. Hopefully I'll have news to share on that front soon...which means in the next six months because publishers have a different definition of the word than the rest of us do.

I'll be heading up to New York early next week to celebrate Christmas with our son. I hope to do a "Best of 2018" post either while I'm there or soon after I get back. I love this crafty, blogging, creative world I get to share with you. I've said it before (and I will probably keep saying it multiple times in the future), paper crafting is as much a part of my writing process as plotting and developing a character arc. I really, really missed being in my craft room while on deadline. It's been good to do nothing but make cards and scrapbook pages (which I don't show because I can't get good pictures) for a long time. My fingers are getting itchy to type a new story now.

Thank you for being part of my "tribe" by supporting both my papercrafting and my writing with your visits and comments.

Wishing you a very Merry Christmas and a wonderful New Year,
Becca

1 comment:

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. You bless me!