Monday, April 29, 2019

A Simple Thank You Card

Here's my final exclusively CTMH Seasonal Expressions 2 project. This card features a Hostess Only set that I simply had to have called "Let's Celebrate." It's primarily designed to create invitations, which I love to do, but here I altered it to make a straightforward thank you card.


I started by white embossing the floral image onto blue paper from the Something Fierce paper suite. I then stamped the flower centers in Bluebird ink. I wasn't worried about making them fit exactly, as you can see. I don't think the off-center stamping takes away from the prettiness in any way. To color the small buds and flower centers with yellow, I used an alcohol based marker like the ShinHans we sell. The sentiment comes from the January Stamp of the Month which is unavailable now. See...this is why you need to get what you want when it's available.

The final step was to run my image through the die-cutting machine using the Rectangular Stitched Thin Cuts. I use this set of Thin Cuts more than all the other combined. Fortunately, they are part of the new catalog coming out on May 1. And be sure to check out the April Stamp of the Month (see sidebar). It's an incredibly beautiful and versatile set.

Until next time,
Becca

2 comments:

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. You bless me!