Sunday, April 28, 2019

Love Always Card

I'm trying to post all the cards I made prior to my big, cross-country trip before the stamps used retire at the end of the month. This one falls into the "there's always a way to fix the majority of your mistakes" category.


This stamp set comes in layers with strategically placed spaces for all the images to be stamped in various colors and not overlap. I would normally use my MISTI stamp placement tool for this, but I wanted to try it without the added help to see how I did. Well...it was mostly okay. And where it wasn't okay, I added extra stamping to cover it. Notice the small dark blue flower in the bottom of the "O." It's covering some pink stamping that shouldn't be there. And the "always" is covering where the bottom of the "E" has color  that doesn't belong. Then there's the white gel pen which I used to put veins in the leaves and highlight the "always." With all that going on, the places where the stamping isn't perfect is hardly noticeable. Works for me!!

I don't have the colors in front of me, but to the best of my recollection they are: Sapphire, New England Ivy, Raspberry, Pixie, and Ballerina. The paper is from the Mix-Ins suite, and the stitched panel is from the Stitched Rectangle Thin Cuts.

Remember, the current catalog with this stamp set retires at midnight MST on April 30. May 1 there's an entirely new (FABULOUS) catalog releasing. As much as I'm looking forward to sharing the joy of the new, I don't want you to miss out on the loveliness of the current.

Until next time,
Becca


1 comment:

  1. It's funny to me that you were able to point out a "flaw" but know what -- I didn't even notice it until you said something! I think it's fabulous.... I LOVE your color combo. This was definitely one of my favorite sets. There's no room for error with these but still... i love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. You bless me!