Tuesday, April 20, 2021

National Scrapbooking Day Celebration Blog Hop


Welcome to the National Scrapbooking Day Celebration Blog Hop. Close To My Heart (aka CTMH) pretty much thinks this day was named for them, so they go all out to celebrate. They released five, limited edition project kits, each with exclusive stamps and most with exclusive papers. Click here to view all of them. They come with downloadable guides to complete pre-designed projects. The Blog Hop ladies decided to show other things you can do with the same materials. You should have come from Michelle's blog, but don't worry if you started here. The hop is a circle. Just keep going until you've seen all the wonderful inspiration. If you get lost along the way, head to Melinda's blog for a full list of participants.

I chose the Cheerful Humor project kit. Some of the sayings cracked me up! Here's a look at the full kit:


Aren't those fun???

Here's my card:


I wanted to show off all the various options for filling in the space between "I forgive you for being" and "than me. (Not really)." I used tape to mask off (Not really) and stamped it on the inside. I also used tape--lots of it--to mask off everything but the "and" in the sentiment that reads "Thanks for being OLDER than me (and happy birthday)."

My colors are Lagoon, Candy Apple, Lemonade, Clover, and Nectarine. I used the Fancy Border Thin Cuts to created my side border, which only required a small scrap of paper. I could have embellished with some of the puffy stickers which come in the kit, but I wanted to show that--even after those are used up--you can still created cute cards. In fact, you could reproduce this with any paper pack that has at least one pattern with lots of bright, bold colors. Just use coordinating inks and...voila!

Now you're off to Miss Carrie's blog. I can't wait to see what she and the other CTMH Makers have created to inspire us!

Until next time,
Becca


9 comments:

  1. LOVE, your take on the sentiment for this card! So clever! The colors and the Fancy Border Thin Cuts are perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this card and that you used all of the different descriptors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh fun!! Love how you used so many of the stamp images on one card!! Perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your card and how bright the colors are.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I totally love what you did on this card, using the different sentiments AND the various colors!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love how you did the side border. Really makes this card pop.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. You bless me!