Wednesday, May 23, 2012

More Distress

Moving company shows up today to estimate how many days it will take to pack us up, so I'm busy cleaning bathrooms so I don't look quite so much like a slob when then arrive.  It's hard to keep up with the cleaning when you've been on the road as much as I have lately.

Anyway, my frantic cardmaking continues.  Here's a graduation card for my son-in-law which also fits into Heart2Heart's Distress Challenge:


The stamps are from CTMH Rock the Block set.  I stamped the swirls in Versamark on Kraft paper, used my stipple brush to swipe pearl paint in plain white, added black re-inker to more pearl paint and swiped a little more.  Before dabbing the stars with a mix of black and white pearl paint, I ran black ink over the tops of the ridges to make them stand out more.  The sentiment was highlighted with a white gel pen.

I thought the overall effect came off as cool grunge which is perfect for my dirt-bikin' SIL.

Until next time,
Becca

3 comments:

  1. I am loving the distressing with the pearl paint! I really need to branch out and use my pearl paint more! Thanks for playing with us at H2H!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the paint on this card! Really eye-catching!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely a grunge-y, cool card! Best wishes to your SIL. Thanks for joining us at H2H.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. You bless me!