Sunday, May 27, 2012

Stamplifting Distress

One of the great things about stamping is how you can borrow ideas from one company to fit the stamps you already have.  CASE in point, I stamplifted this card from Splitcoast Stampers for the latest Heart2Heart Distressing Challenge.  This is my third entry this week...guess I must be in a distressing phase!


I started to make my white background with pearl paint, but it didn't give me enough of a contrast against the kraft paper.  I used StazOn Opaque White reinker and smeared it over the top of the pearl paint with my finger.  Then I got impatient for it to dry and used my embossing gun which is where the little bubbles came from.  I'm liking the bubbles though.  Love those "happy accidents"!

The stamps are CTMH Unscripted (flowers) and Love Quotes (retired).  I used Outdoor Denim ink and ribbon from Michaels.

One more card down in my marathon to finish all my June-August occasions before the packers arrive in a couple weeks.

Oh...and I found this cool setting on my digital camera called "Museum" which made my photo really look great.

Until next time,
Becca

5 comments:

  1. Your card is beautiful! I am going to have to try this technique. I've never seen it before, and I love it! Thanks so much for sharing with us at H2H!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a unique idea! I like the bubbles too. Just adds to the distressed look. Going to have to try this sometime. So glad you played again with us at H2H!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am going to have to lift this idea myself! Makes for a great card! Thanks for sharing with us at H2H!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sounds like you created a new technique! The results are great! Thanks for playing along with us at H2H.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. You bless me!