Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Sunny Mother's Day

I was in Virginia for a graduation and came home to my latest CTMH order with the May Stamp of the Month, Friendship Bouquet.  I have been waiting and waiting and waiting for this...patiently, as you can tell.


I used Copics E99, E31 (flower center), YR15, YR21 (petals), E31 again and E21 for the shading around the flower edges.  And, yes, that is a pull top from a soda can colored with YR 15.  Love how Copics can color just about anything under the sun...or sunflower, as the case may be.

This card is entered in the following challenges:

Heart 2 Heart Mother's Day (trust me...the sentiment is on the inside)
Less is More Color Challenge: Yellow

I sponged and sanded the chocolate mat under the flower, and used a Cuttlebug folder to emboss the polka dot white mat.

Well...I'm off on another trip.  The dryer has stopped, so I'd better put my fun stuff away and get back to work.

Until next time,
Becca

11 comments:

  1. What a delightfully pretty card, Becca. You seem to fit in your art work somehow, someway and I'm glad you do. Thanks for keeping us up to date with your pretty cards at H2H!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is amazing! LOVE the use of the pop can tab--amazing color, too!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is terrific Becca... it's great to see you at "Less is More".
    Your colouring is superb and to use a soda can pull as an embellishment is so innovative!
    Thanks so much and we hope to see you again next time.
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the belt! Great card.

    Marrigje

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card, loved your colouring, and the soda pull is ingenious!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card (and your coloring techniques) are gorgeous!! Thanks so much for sharing with us at H2H!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that you used a household item and upcycled it... Such a beautful card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous Card, the copic colored sunflower looks great on the Dotty paper! Thanks for playing with us at H2H!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Becca I am giving your blog a "Liebster Award". Details will be on my blog tomorrow. Crafty Colonel.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card Becca
    Great to see you here
    Thank you very much
    mandi
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  11. This card is simply lovely. All the elements are beautiful and the pop can tab is super creative!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. You bless me!