Wednesday, May 2, 2012

More May Flowers


Flowers seems to be the theme this week.  Operation Write Home has a flower challenge, so when I needed to make some quick and easy cards  for an upcoming birthday, I made a set using an old CTMH stamp and did some extras for my OWH box.  This top one is what went in the box.

The technique on this is backwards from intuition.  I actually started with the embossed lines.  Then, I did the white embossing using my Versamark pad.  After the embossing powder cooled, I rotated my stamp a quarter turn and stamped with Versamark again.

Clean, simple, and quick!  BUT, for the cards I wanted to make as the birthday set, I decided to spice it up a little.  However, before I grabbed my glitter, I carefully put my OWH cards in their box!!

I'm not sure the bling shows well on the large view above, but the glitter has a bit of a purple hue to it, so it makes the Versamark only portion of the flower just a bit darker purple.

Now...those of us who craft are used to (and mostly okay with) glitter getting all over everything.  Friends, though, should be treated with a more respect.  I dotted the white center with liquid glass, poured glitter over the entire flower surface, shook off the excess, waited for the liquid glass to dry, reheated the embossing powder to "cement" the glitter in it, then scrubbed off as much glitter as I could with bristles from a medium-sized paint brush.  I have glitter on top of my glitter.  Time to do a thorough clean up and vacuum.  Good for me, I suppose, but I never can quite get over feeling like time cleaning could be put to better use crafting.

Until next time,
Becca

5 comments:

  1. Beatifully elegant! I was drawn to your creation - it is just wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am nuts about these cards! Simple elegance is the best ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely CAS card! Less is always best :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful, elegant and definitely a keeper.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. You bless me!