Saturday, July 6, 2013

Christmas Chalkboard

I am crazy in love with this weeks Mojo Monday sketch.  And the list of prizes to celebrate their 300th post ain't so bad neither!  They are also offering a 20% discount, so I ordered from their "Christmas in July" sale and got my stamps in two days!!


Sentiment is Verve from the Peace on Earth set.  The snowflake was cut with CTMH Art Philosophy Cricut cartridge and embossed with Versamark and Bridal Tinsel powder.  This powder is old CTMH and I'm not sure if anyone else carries something similar.  The sparkles are also CTMH.  The banner is CTMH Sunny Yellow cardstock embossed using a Martha Stewart scoreboard.  The black panel was dry embossed using a Sizzix folder then brushed lightly with CTMH White Daisy pigment ink.
I added black and white sequins (oh...am I in love with these little sequins) from Hobby Lobby.  I even got them on the sale rack for 71 cents.  Score!  I used a yellow Prismacolor pencil on the background behind "SAVIOR".  Because the sentiment is more rectangular than square, I added the swirl (also from Peace on Earth) to give it the extra width.
I'm not really sure why I chose black and yellow for a Christmas card, but I really like it.  Here's hoping I win one of those fab prizes!
 
Until next time,
Becca
 

3 comments:

  1. Oh, this is just so gorgeous! Love the little details from the bling on the snowflake to the embossed background and stitched accents. Thanks for playing along with Mojo Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my Becca, this is STUNNING!! Love these colors, and all of your details here!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. You bless me!