Saturday, July 13, 2013

"K" Key Happy Birthday

For some time now I've wanted to play along with the Rose Blossom Garden Challenge.  This week is the "K" key from CTMH's Artiste Cricut Cartridge.  I've paired it with Chantilly paper to bring you this:


The sentiment comes from Say it in Style and is stamped in Slate ink.  I curved the words just a tad to match the banner shape. 

When cutting my shapes, I only cheated a tiny bit.  I used my Cricut Design Studio to stretch the yellow background to match the outside shape of the squared doily top.  That made my holes in the wrong spot so I used the "hide shape" feature to fill them in and then used a small hole punch to put them where they would line up to thread the ribbon.  I also fussed with adding the outside layer of dark pink petals by using the cut out shapes from the back side of the large blue/green flower and very carefully (picture tweezers here) dotting the ends with Liquid Glass and sliding them underneath.  To me, the flower just looked like it was floating until I "grounded" it with that extra layer of dark color.

The white paper was a scratch piece I had leftover, the button is from somewhere, and the sequins and ribbon came from Hobby Lobby.  Other than that, everything is CTMH.

It was quite by accident that I didn't secure the banner on the left end.  Which was fortunate because I wouldn't have been able to open the card otherwise.  Whew!

Until next time,
Becca

5 comments:

  1. That flower is stunning!! I love all of the patterns and colors combined together! Your card is absolutely lovely and I know your recipient will love it! Thanks for playing along at the Rose Blossom Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow ... the recipient of this lovely piece will have a real keepsake! So much to love about this card. (and it's not cheating to use CCR ... its being creative!) We look forward to seeing you again at the Rose Garden!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that flower...it is so fresh and cheerful! Thanks for sharing at the Rose Blossom Garden!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tell me how I missed this until now! Gorgeous! Love the patterned cuts for the flower!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning! What a fabulous use of Chantilly! Thanks for sharing your beautiful card in the Rose Blossom Garden!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. You bless me!