Thursday, July 11, 2013

Ten Minute Fail

The challenge today over at Summer Card Camp 2 is a Ten-Minute Craft Dash. 

I failed. 
By two full minutes. 
Plus my cutting didn't work out at all like I thought it would.
But I thought I'd post here anyway so you can commiserate.


I even had my stamps loaded onto their acrylic blocks and my ink pads sitting next to me. 

The letters were cut with a Cricut.  I welded every other letter with the idea that the "a" and second "p" would be fully formed but the rest would have little cut outs as shown on the video.  I even took precious time to view my cut out and see that I'd done it correctly.  As you can see, it didn't work.  The effect, however, is still pretty cool.  I'll have to mess around with it more to see if can get the effect I was going for or if this is the best I can do.  The little bit of flame from the blue candle peeking out is totally bugging me.  I'll have to go back and add some sequins or a pearl or something else to hide it because it just looks like a smudge to me.

All in all, it's not bad.  I don't think it's going to be my favorite card from Summer Camp, but it's not bad.  I will use that cutting technique again.  And since the point of taking a class is to learn new things, the lesson was a complete success!

Until next time,
Becca

6 comments:

  1. Love your card, Becca! Twelve minutes is way better than my time! Great colors and fun idea to have the flame peeking out behind your letters!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I consider your card a success, Becca! I am taking the class as well and I agree with you, we are supposed to be learning! If we could make all of our cards perfectly, we would not need the class! :) BTW, I failed by 8 minutes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't try this technique for that reason. I knew I would have to fool around and would not get it right in a 10 minute time span. I LOVE that you tried to create it in 10 minutes. I think the effect is cool!! I failed in the time limit too and my card is by no means as intricate as yours. Love the bright candles for the focus on this card. I would love to get this for my birthday!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I think you were tremendously brave to even try this one in a ten-minute, timed challenge! Way to go! I think it looks neat -- very eye catching!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww sorry you missed the mark, but your card is still really cute and someone will enjoy receiving it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think it turned out fabulously!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. You bless me!