Sunday, July 28, 2013

Ok, Smile...

I'm home from almost a week of vacation.  It was great except it was during the last week of Summer Card Camp 2 and I hardly got to participate.  Today, instead of doing laundry like I should, I've watched all the videos to catch up and made one card.  It goes along with Week 3, Day 1 and uses sketch 2.


I stamped Kraft paper with a variety of patterns beginning with White pigment ink then overlaying with colored dye ink.  I then stamped the balloon on the back side of the Kraft/stamped paper and cut it out.  After I stamped the balloon in white, I rolled my stamp in Sky and stamped over the top.  I then used a sponge dauber to hit the edges.  The polka dot balloon was overstamped in white pigment again because the Gypsy ink was too bold.  After dotting the sequins around, I decided the balloons needed an additional layer of shine so I squirted the glitter glue into a puddle and used a paint brush to apply.

The supplies are all CTMH unless otherwise noted.
  • Stamps:  Sightseer, Artiste Collection Birthday, Jingle Borders and It's Your Day
  • Ink:  White Daisy (pigment), Gypsy, and Sky
  • Patterned Paper: Laughing Lola (available August 1)
  • Embossing: SU White Detail and Versamark ink
  • Accessories: Sequins (Hobby Lobby), brown embroidery thread, Studio G Glitter Glue, PC948 Sepia Prismacolor pencil (hand-drawn border)
I think I might have time to squeeze one more card in under the wire for uploading to the student gallery.

Until next time (which could be a matter of hours),
Becca

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. You bless me!