Sunday, July 7, 2013

Summer Card Class 2 Pre-Class Challenge

I learned so much from participating in the Clean & Simple Online Card Class, that I decided to take the Summer Card Class.  There are two pre-class challenges.  One is a color combination and the other is a sketch.  I decided to combine the two since the class starts tomorrow!


The stamps are all CTMH.  I cut down the large doily so it was more proportional for the card.  I white embossed over vellum then used a brush to watercolor Smoothie, Sky, and Slate ink over top.  I used very little water so my color was fairly bold.

The background vellum is sewn on, and the greeting tag is stapled.  I used a small dab of Liquid Glass on the back of the doilies to adhere them.

I really like how soft and feminine this turned out!  Can't wait to see what new and exciting projects we will have during this three week class.

Until next time,
Becca

2 comments:

  1. Very nice card...love the doilies!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very jelly of you, taking the summer stamp class! No time in the next two weeks, so I didn't sign up, but I'm going to DROOL over your creations... This first one is so soft and pretty. The stitching and linen-look background just enhance those tinted doilies. Yum.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. You bless me!