Monday, September 27, 2010

Baby Blessing

Operation Write Home is having a scetch challenge this week, and since I needed to make a baby card I decided to use this as my jumping off point.  I reoriented my card to be vertical rather than horizontal and used cuttlebug embossing instead of a piece of paper in the background, but I'm very happy with how it turned out.


The center of the ribbon was actually yellow, so I just colored over it with a pen to get a little green tint to it.  And please be impressed with the stitching...it was all hand done because I still haven't taken my sewing machine to be repaired.

I made this for a baby boy, but I'm not sure how many people have christening dresses for infant boys anymore, so I may have to save this for another day.

Until next time,
Becca

4 comments:

  1. VERY impressed with the hand stitching! This card is beautiful. Outstanding interpretation of the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! Great job on the stitching & the image is fantastic. TFS!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning card - love your stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That image is so adorable..you did a great job with this card and it's stitching!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. You bless me!