Author Web Page

Visit my author web page at www.beccawhitham.com

Thursday, February 20, 2014

Full of Wonder

Happy Thursday, everyone.  I'm here with my third CTMH Balloon Ride Workshop on the Go post for DrPhilScraps.com.

I love the word "wonderful."  It literally means to be full of wonder.  What a fabulous way to live life!  It's one of the reasons why this particular WOTG is a favorite of mine.  The sentiment "You make life WONDERFUL!" is both beautiful and versatile.  Today I used it to create a gift bag.



Although it doesn't show well in the picture, I colored the word WONDERFUL with Creme Brulee and Blush to bring out the meaning of the word.  The scallop border was created by stamping the image in Juniper on a strip of white paper.  I handcut around the bottom edge to create the scallop, glued a zip-strip over top, then trimmed my white paper to leave about a 1/8 inch top border.

The sentiment is stamped in Cocoa over the die cut from Art Philosophy (p.55 at 2.25 inches).  I needed a strong contrast to the border behind.  I tried it in Creme Brulee, Juniper, and Saddle, but there wasn't enough of a contrast.  Plus the flower just looked odd, so Cocoa to the rescue.  LOVE that ink pad.  It's rescued me more times than I care to count.

The floral image at the bottom of the sentiment was colored with alcohol marker sets.

Tie a big bow, embellish with the Balloon Ride Assortment and Sparkles Clear Flourishes included in the WOTG, and you have a lovely gift made from a plain, brown sack.

Until next time,
Becca

 

February special
 
screenshot34

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. You bless me!