Tuesday, September 23, 2014

ACFW, Copics, and News

I have a bazillion things to do today to get ready for the annual American Christian Fiction Writers (ACFW) Conference.  I leave tomorrow morning.  I have to pack, get my proposal printed and in a binder, and write down all the people I need to see and places to be so I don't forget something.

So what am I doing?  Playing with Copic Markers for Cardmakers, of course!  But I watched the instructional videos and was so inspired by some of the techniques I couldn't NOT play along.


Here's the practice sheet before I cut out the butterfly.  The colors are BV04, RV69, and Y23 for the wings plus W7 for the body.

I did a combination of the feathering and blending with an acrylic block on this one. It's amazing how three totally different colors blended to make this butterfly.  Before I attached the butterfly to the card, I hand-drew the antennae with a black marker.

The frame stamp is from Artfully Sent (new CTMH Cricut cartridge with coordinating stamps) and the sentiment is from #30 Years of Happy (September CTMH promotional set).

And now for my news...

Do you see the book cover at the top right of my blog.  Yep...that's my name on the cover!!  I've been anxiously awaiting the cover art and it was posted today.  So very excited to head off to ACFW and see the "First Contract" ribbon for my name badge and then get to meet the lovely ladies whose names are also on that cover.

Until next time,
Becca

8 comments:

  1. Very nice! I like your blue & red bird, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not a butterfly person but this is GORGEOUS!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW!! Your butterfly came out beautiful!! Love the card you created with it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the colors you used on that butterfly!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like your sample sheet idea, with the colors labeled below it. Thanks for adding that to your post. The colors on your butterfly are striking and very well colored.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous butterfly and congrats on the book!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. You bless me!