Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Houndstooth Happiness

I'm combining three challenges with today's card: 

Heart2Heart: Use your Favorite Stamp or Stamp Set
CASology: Three
Runway Inspired: Veronica Beard

My favorite stamp is the houndstooth pattern from Distressed Backgrounds.  I reach for it all the time!  For this card I paired it with a new set called Lifetime of Happiness. (All products in italics are CTMH.)


I also used a photo mat from the Cricut Artbooking cartridge (p. 66) cut at 1.5" to compliment my 1.25" houndstooth squares.  The angle on this picture doesn't show it well, but there really are three squares under the bouquet of flowers.

For the flowers and bow, I used pigment ink in Sorbet, Cranberry, Smokey Plum, and Topiary. I chose pigment ink because I wanted my flowers to stay very bold and bright. I fussy cut and then glued or foam mounted each image layering as I went to create interest.  Then I added pearls in two sizes both on and off the bouquet.

I really like how much depth there is to this yet it still has a clean and simple feel.

Until next time,
Becca

9 comments:

  1. Love the colours against the black and white!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so pretty- I love the monochrome background paired with the pop of colour. Thanks for playing along with H2H Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely and BOLD!!! Black and that pop of color is really striking, thanks for joining us at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My favs are the distressed backgrounds, also! I love the little pearls coming off the bouquet. Super chic looking card with the houndstooth!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card, love the pops of colour with the black and the pearls!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so pretty and the colors just pop out.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a lovely interpretation of the inspiration photo - those bold blooms against the graphic houndstooth background is so beautiful and striking! Thanks so much for playing with us at the Runway Inspired Challenge - we're so glad you did!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So beautiful. I love your layered flowers! Thanks so much for joining us on the Runway!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love it, I love the simplicity of it. Thanks for playing along with H2H!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. You bless me!