Monday, May 25, 2015

Sweet First Birthday

Today is a strange day.  It's Memorial Day, and my husband is planning a service for one of his soldiers.  It's a holiday, and I'm attending a first birthday party for the precious daughter of my "Grace Based Parenting" class administrator.

Such is the life of a chaplain/pastor's family. We weep with those who weep and rejoice with those who rejoice.

I wanted to  make a special card for the birthday celebration.  Using this week's Mojo Monday Sketch, I came up with this:


The paper is retired CTMH "Cherub Pink," and the stamps are from Verve "Small Packages" colored with Prismacolor pencils.  I stamped the images in Momento Rich Cocoa.

My original idea was to let the doily hang over the edge because I'll get to hand-deliver this card.  In the end, I liked the folded over version better because it relegates the doily to the background instead of taking too much attention from the cupcakes.  I kept the accents to stitching and a dab of glitter glue on the candle for the same reason.

Sweet birthday wishes for a sweet little one.

Until next time,
Becca

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. You bless me!