Thursday, November 5, 2015

Cards with White Pines Workshop on the Go

I love Christmas. Love, love, LOVE Christmas!  Now that we live in Alaska and the snow shows up in October, it feels like Christmas already and those decorations in stores don't feel quite so "early" as they did last year. 

Anyway...

For design team duties over at Mary Brooks' blog, I'm using the White Pines Cardmaking Workshop on the Go.  The workshop comes with three card ideas, but once the paper is gone, what else can you do with it?  I took the stamps and created a few new ideas using the same suggested supplies needed for the card making plus an additional supply or two.  If you aren't already familiar with the White Pines Cardmaking Workshop, I suggest you link here before going on.  The suggested supplies you need to complete the shown cards are Fern, Cranberry, Cashmere, and Black ink.


Here, I added Gold Sequins.  The squiggle line was stamped in Cashmere ink in a straight line.  I used a ruler and a pencil to draw a guide before stamping.  The Fern pine bough was done by inking one side of the smaller pine spray image and stamping it along the line. I hand-drew the black lines linking the small ornaments to the line with a black pen.  The finishing touches were the Fern Thick Twine, Bitty Sparkles ( both come in the WOTG), and Gold Sequins.


This card adds Crystal Blue ink and Liquid Glass.  I inked a 2"x2" Acrylic Block in Crystal Blue, lightly spritzed it with water, and stamped it on my white card panel.  I added Liquid Glass to the Cranberry berries for added texture and shine. 


This last card uses the Artfully Sent Cartridge and coordinating Frames stamp sets included in the price.  I also added Versamark ink and Fine White Embossing Powder.  Now, yes, I used a bit of the White Pines paper but just a tiny bit.  And the same effect could be done by stamping paper to create your own pattern, so...yeah...

I sewed down the Cranberry banner, but the same effect could be achieved by white embossing the swirly line that comes in the stamp set.

While Cranberry and Fern cardstock comes in the WOTG, you won't have enough left over to make the first two cards, which is why I've included it in the supply list, below (with embedded links for your shopping convenience):
There's a wreath stamp in this set that I didn't feature here.  That's because you'll be seeing a lot of it in the coming weeks.  A lot!!  I'm a sucker for wreaths, and this one is my favorite so far.  Next week I'll pair the wreath and a few other images from the White Pines Cardmaking WOTG with Artfully Sent to create cards for a variety of occasions.

Until next time,
Becca

6 comments:

  1. Becca, These are just GORGEOUS!! I love all of them, and this is a card kit that I've been so carefully avoiding. You are so inspiring! I am looking forward to seeing what you do with the wreath!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely gorgeous! I love what you have done with this stamp set - it looks so different to everything else I have seen. I LOVE your work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alaska!
    Your cards are gorgeous, as always!
    Lilian
    The Leaf Studio

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really didn't need this WOTG (got the scrapbooking one instead) but after seeing these, now I'm thinking I might...thanks, Becca (said in a sarcastic voice...hehehehehe). AND....love the Glacier block background...genius!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Becca, thank you so much for being my guest designer. Awesome cards!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your designs! Classic and beautiful! I'm glad I found your blog through the O' Little Town of Christmas FB party.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. You bless me!