Friday, November 27, 2015

Snow Thankful

Sometimes you need cards in a hurry, and sometimes you need to take time for a little color therapy.  Today was a coloring kind of day.  There's snow outside, Christmas music playing, and Thanksgiving leftovers in the fridge...and I needed a thank you card for the lovely couple who hosted us this year.

When you're far away from family during the holidays, it's such a joy to be invited to celebrate where the table is full and the fellowship sweet.  I wanted to create a card that adequately expressed our gratitude. 


The snowman is called "Peekin' Josh" and is one of those oldies-but-goodies. I stamped him three times: once on the background, once on the frame, and once on scratch paper. It's a lot of work, but it preserves the fun edge with its stitched feel in places where I layered.  I colored him with Copics then cut out the brim of his hat and the scarf and mittens together.

What you can't see is that the bottom layer of white cardstock was cut after I'd adhered the banner frame.  Basically I completely messed up my original idea and improvised.

When I added the hat brim, I put a bit of foam tape in the center, some glue on the edges, and then held everything in place until the side glue held and I had the curved brim. 

You might not be able to see it well, but I also curled up the bottom edge of the scarf.  I'm not sure if that will hold during the mailing process, but it's a fun dimension.

Speaking of dimension...I'm entering this in the following the challenges:

Addicted to CAS: Dimension
Simon Says Stamps: Anything Goes

I created my fun photo frame banner by welding two images from CTMH Artbooking Cricut cartridge.  Here's the link to create your own if you'd like.

Therapy over.  Time to write my thank you note and get this in the mail.

Until next time,
Becca

3 comments:

  1. Hi Becca, your winter card is wonderful!!! Have an amazing weekend! Hugs Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I love this card! Terrific dimension and peekin' Josh is just as cute as can be.
    Thanks for joining us at ATCAS.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so adorable! I LOVE your stitched snowman ... and he is so sweet peeking through the frame. Great colouring ... and great dimension. Thanks for playing along at ATCAS.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. You bless me!