Thursday, February 11, 2016

Blog Hops with Heart - Always & Forever



Some songs stick in your head.  "Always and Forever" is one of them.  It first released when I was in jr. high, and it played at every dance from then until I graduated from high school. 

Best. Slow dance. Ever!

So I decided to make it the theme for my Valentine for this month's Blog Hops with Heart.

I used the Art Philosophy Cricut Cartridge to cut two tags, one white and one Ruby, as well as the ampersand symbol.  The stamped words come from a set called "Finding the Words."  Thick twine in Poppy was deepened by coloring it with a Copic marker.  (Note: you might want to skip this step if you have plans for the evening and don't want people to think you're a serial killer.)  While it was drying, I pierced the white tag using the Stitch Guide. 

Best. Accessory. Ever!

I wasn't terribly happy with how it turned "always" messy, so here's an alternative for those of you who are a little, um...obsessive like me.


I used the Keyboard Alphabet to create "NOW" and mounted it on a layer of foam tape. It might not make the song start playing in your head, but it conveys the same feeling.

This goes to the...Best. Husband. Ever!

You should have come from Kelly's blog, and now your off to see what Stephanie has created.  Both are fabulous, so don't miss them.  And keep going until you get back to where you started on this circular hop.  Too much goodness to miss a thing!

Until next time,
Becca

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful card, Becca!!! I just love the pierced stitching~genius! I would have never thought to layer the stitching! I love both versions, but the Keyboard Alphabet letters really pop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Becca....you've done it again! Absolutely gorgeous! I love how you used so many different tools & techniques on this card! And I seriously laughed out loud when I read the part about the "serial killer". LOL! I'm laughing a little now as I'm writing this comment too! haha! Great card!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. You bless me!