Friday, February 26, 2016

Hello, Love

A few months back, I got an email asking if I'd be willing to be a guest designer for Color My Heart.  It took me less than a second to say yes.  I love the ladies at CMH.  They were the first ones to allow me to be part of design team, and I owe them a huge debt of gratitude.

This week, the color scheme is Lagoon, Sorbet, and Smoothie.  The retro colors pair perfectly with the retro feel of this month's special promotional set, "Share the Love."  I have three cards to show you.  This first one sticks to the CMH color scheme.


These next two add a little Slate and Whisper in the mix:


As an author, I love typewriters.  If I didn't have to pick up and move every few years, I might succumb to temptation and start a collection.  For now, I'll settle for cute stamps and die cuts.

I did quite a bit of fussy cutting to get the multicolored telephone, camera, and typewriter, but I also did a lot of fussy cutting of the stamps themselves.  "Share the Love" comes as a set of thirteen stamps. When I was done cutting, I had seventeen.  I made separate images for everything that was inside a circle, whether it was a word bubble or camera flash. 

Once I had the cards done, they seemed too flat.  Liquid glass to the rescue!!  It takes a steady hand and the patience of Job to let everything dry without touching, but I love how all my focal images shine.

A huge thanks to Color My Heart for letting me play along.  An even bigger thanks for letting me choose this week so I could promote my latest release, The Cowboy's Bride Collection.  Last I looked, Amazon was selling it for almost half price.  And, if you like a party, come join all nine authors on Facebook for our Release Party where we'll be giving away a Kindle Fire and several gift cards.  Hope to see y'all there!

Until next time,
Becca

6 comments:

  1. Great cards! Love the border on the side of your cards and the film strip backgrounds is fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome, Becca! We miss you on the DT but love seeing you participate often. I love your cards! Your first card is full of detail and texture. The Liquid Glass was the perfect finishing touch! Thank you for being our Guest DT this week. Good luck with your latest release!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the liquid glass on both of your images...I use it all the time and love the effect. Great cards, and congratulations on being a Guest Designer at Color Dare.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love all of your "Share the Love" cards. That Liquid Glass really makes the elements look so real. Thanks for sharing your talent with us again at the Color Dare as our Guest Designer this week.
    :) Marie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Becca, all three cards are beautiful! I always love looking at your work. Thanks for designing for us this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are super cute Becca. Love the colors and the touch of liquid glass. You are very talented... a card maker and a writer. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. You bless me!