Monday, October 23, 2017

Vines and Twine - Heart2Heart

This week the challenge at Heart2Heart is Vines and Twine. I went literal with a vine wreath and Thick Twine bow.

The wreath is from a retired set called White Pines. I white embossed it over water color paper and then started painting.

Here's a close-up to show you a bit more of the water coloring. I wanted there to be enough color behind the wreath for it to show up but also be soft enough to blend into the rest of the background. In order to make that work, I started by painting green mixed with brown all around the wreath. I then dotted higher concentrations of the green and brown in various spots. I dabbed excess color off with a clean paper towel and then let it dry. Once water colors are set, you can layer over the top of them without washing them out.

Next I flicked brown, green, and blue over the whole panel, dabbed where it was too dark, and again let it dry. The next layer was a light wash of blue. Before it dried, I flicked more green, brown, and blue wherever I wanted more. And then some more dabbing with the paper towel until I was happy. Before adding the white enamel dots and Fern Twine, I stamped the sentiment from Falling for You-Cardmaking in Fern Ink then ran it through a rectangular stitched die from My Favorite Things. I used Liquid Glass to attach the twine bow and shape the tails.

The last step was to add foam tape over the back of the water color panel and mount it over a Kraft card base.

I've been on a bit of a water coloring kick this past week. It's such a beautiful medium and doesn't require a great deal of skill. I hope you'll join us at Heart2Heart this week and show us your best interpretation of the vines and twine theme.

Until next time,
Becca

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. You bless me!