Friday, October 20, 2017

Workin' Hard AND Hardly Workin' - Blog Hops with Heart



I'm so glad to be back with Blog Hops with Heart after missing last month with writing deadlines. I've been workin' hard for months now, so it was great to take a few hours in my craft room to come up with two cards for our "Workin' Hard or Hardly Workin'" theme. I decided to do one of each. Both utilize water colors. (NOTE: italics denote a link for your shopping convenience.)


The Hardly Workin' card on the right started with a wash of colors. I began by painting clear water in a square. I added some yellow, ochre, and green letting them fade together as they dried--which was the hardest part of this entire card. I'm not patient about allowing things to dry on their own, but there's a softness to the blend of colors that's only achieved by leaving them to dry naturally. I gold embossed the flower from the Kind Thoughts Workshop Your Way and added a sentiment from a long-retired set. I then ran my entire watercolor panel through a rectangular stitched die from My Favorite things and mounted it over a card base covered by striped paper from the Enchantment Fundamentals paper pack.

The Workin' Hard card started with white embossed images from the same Kind Thoughts WYW over watercolor paper. I painted the various flowers, let them dry, then fussy-cut them out and mounted them to a card panel I'd run through another MFT die and hand-trimmed for the stitched and curvy bottom edge. After the flowers were mounted, I flicked watercolor paint in both peach and green over top of everything. I added some sequins with Liquid Glass and glued the panel to a card base with a bottom border of the same paper from the Enchantment Fundamentals paper pack. I'm entering this card into "The Card Concept: Autumn Love" challenge.

Here are individual shots of both cards:



The other thing I've been workin' hard at this month is updating my author web page: www.beccawhitham.com. I've begun a subscriber newsletter and will be giving away these two cards as part of a promotion. Please head over there and sign up (I promise not to flood your inbox or sell your info) before moving to the next hop which is Jayma's blog. You should have come from Stephanie's blog.

My parents are arriving later tonight. We'll be seeing the sights and (hopefully) enjoying pleasant sunny days and crisp October nights. Fall is my favorite season and it's been late coming to my corner of the map. The weather turned this last week, so I plan to celebrate with the annual baking of Pumpkin Chocolate Chip muffins. YUM!

Until next time,
Becca

3 comments:

  1. Wow, wow, WOW!! Both of these cards are gorgeous! I had flipped right past this stamp set in the catalog and didn't even give it a second look. Now your cards have changed my mind! I need this stamp set! HA! Thanks for enabling!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your cards are beautiful! I'll add you to my bookmarks as a source of inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  3. both cards are beautiful!! the watercoloring on the first one is amazing!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. You bless me!