Sunday, November 19, 2017

A Simple Christmas Card

One of the great things about army life is you make lots of new friends everywhere you go. The flip side of this, however, is that your Christmas card list keeps growing and growing and growing and...

You get the idea.

Because we are moving right in the middle of Christmas card season--and I LOVE getting Christmas cards and letters--my cards need to be out the door soon along with our change of address so people will be able to find us. I finished off my cards yesterday with this card which I'm entering in the Less Is More challenge:


The hardest part of this card was coloring Little St. Nick (NOTE: links to purchase available supplies provided for your shopping convenience). I stamped him in Momento Black Ink and colored him with a combination of markers and colored pencils while watching football. Cutting him out was a breeze using my new Brother ScanNcut CM350. I'm crazy in love with this machine. It cut a full page of Santa faces in about two minutes. TWO MINUTES!!

product imageThe background was super simple using my MISTI. I put one of the large splotches from Splash of Color on the left side, and just the "ho, HO, ho" (from the mini stamp called Ho Ho Ho) on the right side. The stamp comes in three lines which I cut apart. (The trick to cutting stamps is to create puzzle pieces with notches so, when it comes time to fit the stamp back together, you aren't trying to match up straight lines. Create curves or hills and valleys as you cut. Works like a charm.)

With both stamps mounted on my MISTI, I assembly-line stamped the background and sentiment using Pebble ink (splotch) and Charcoal ink (sentiment). I could ink both, press them down, then shift my card so the one with the splotch next got the sentiment, and away I went. When the bases were stamped, I used Foam Tape to add Little St. Nick and DONE! Little St. Nick and Ho Ho Ho are both mini stamps, meaning they are only $2.95. That's a sweet deal!!

Off to print out my Christmas letter, print out my labels, and be ready to stuff, lick, and stick my cards while watching football this afternoon.

Until next time,
Becca

7 comments:

  1. Love the card and great tip for cutting apart stamps! I've been doing a straight line but will try your suggestion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. CAS to the Nth degree - fabulous!

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your card ! A fabulous CASE of Susan's card and a perfect CAS design. Your colouring is beautiful too ! Really love it ! Thanks for sharing and for playing along at Less is More !

    ReplyDelete
  4. So adorable. Brilliant CAS design and a perfect take on Susan's festive CASE card. Your colouring is fabulous and thanks so much for joining us at Less is More this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for the tip for how to cut stamps apart -I've been cutting in straight line and those straight edges are fiddly to put back together! I love this CAS card. Your coloring on the Santa looks great and I adore the simplicity of the design. Yet so detailed and effective! Thanks for joining us at Less Is More!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. You bless me!