Wednesday, November 29, 2017

Joyeux Noel

Movers come in less than a week. I have a hundred things to do between now and then--not the least of which is helping my friend with edits on her latest novel--yet I was obsessed with making this new Christmas decoration...probably because I'm moving in a week and my after Thanksgiving tradition of decking the house is a waste of effort. I used up a bunch of retired CTMH paper and supplies though, so I'm counting that as getting ready to move.


I used my Cricut to cut each letter and the "Joyeux" five times, once with the colored paper and four times from off-white cardstock. I used Arial for NOEL and Adlery for Joyeux. Much patience was required to glue the layers together but it needed the stability. After each letter of NOEL was assembled, I sponged the edges in coordinating ink colors.  I laid everything out on my kitchen table and fussed with embellishments until I was happy before gluing anything down.  I used Liquid Glass to connect my letters and adhere almost all the embellishments and on top of the holly berries for added shine.

I used the Artbooking CTMH Cricut cartridge for the reindeer and mail stamp; the tags on the L as well as the holly leaves and berries come from Art Philosophy.

Now I really do need to clean up the craft room and get ready for the movers.

Until next time,
Becca

3 comments:

  1. Your work always blesses my heart. Your simplicity is so beautiful to me. May the Lord bless you and hubby in your next place! Vicki Emmerson

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just gorgeous!...and thanks for all your details on creating!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's wonderful! Safe travels, Becca! Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. You bless me!