Friday, August 17, 2018

Documented All-Occassion Card

We are only two weeks away from the end of the Close To My Heart catalog year. Lots of pretties are retiring, one of which is the Documented suite of products. My rule for purchasing stamps which are designed to go with a paper is that I have to have lots of ideas for using them without the coordinating paper. The Documented - Cardmaking stamp set is one of those.


For this simple card, I stamped the background image in Saffron twice, using a mask on the top left one before stamping the bottom right one. The hearts are in Ruby and the sentiment in Black. I stamped the flower in Black on a separate piece of paper, colored with markers, then cut it out right along the edge with Micro-tip Scissors. This could easily have been a one-layer card if I'd stamped the flower first, masked it off, then stamped the background. I just don't like having the coloring bleed through to the back side of my card.

Here's the supply list (with links) for your shopping convenience:
(NOTE: Items with an * are retiring in two weeks)

I love the clean and simple look of this "all-occasion" card. If you want a couple more ideas using this stamp set, click here and here. The second card, "Bad Influence," ranks as one of my top ten cards of the year...maybe of all the ones I've ever made.

Now I really need to buckle down and get some writing done. I had a couple of good days followed by a couple of not so good days. Gotta get my word count up!

Until next time,
Becca

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. You bless me!