Thursday, September 5, 2013

CAS(E) this Sketch Guest Designer

About a week ago, I won the CAS(E) this Sketch challenge with this card.  That means I get to be the guest designer for this week's sketch (and, more importantly, got to see the sketch in advance).  Yeee!!!


That half-circle shape just screamed doily to me, so I found a retired sentiment from Stampin' Up! that matched the length, embossed it in white, and sewed the trimmed doily underneath.  Very simple, yet I really like how it turned out.

I also chose the sentiment because it will go in my stash of cards for Operation Write Home.  If you've not heard of this organization, they collect hand-made cards and send to deployed soldiers.  The soldiers can then write letters home to their friends and family.  As you can imagine, "I miss you" cards are always needed.  With both my husband and son in the Army, it's a cause that is near and dear to my heart.  If you'd like to get involved, please be sure to read the guidelines so we keep our heroes safe.

Can't wait to see what you all come up with this week.

Until next time,
Becca

10 comments:

  1. Saw this on CASE...had to tell you that you aced it. Gorgeous card...love the spatial relationships.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card made me gasp when you sent it to me, Becca! Thanks so much for being out guest designer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Just gorgeous Becca! Simple and elegant. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, Becca--this is a fab take on the sketch! I may very well CASE this and drag out my sewing machine, too! So glad you were our guest designer!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty card, Becca. Love the idea of using a doily. Very classy colors here. An all around nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the Kraft cardstock with white. Beautiful Card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful - love the clean, elegance of this wonderful card :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Truly beautiful! The sentiment is absolutely perfect with the doily...and the simple color scheme is just right. So glad you could join us as guest designer for CAS(E) this Sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is beautiful! I love your take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card, love your doily take on this sketch :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. You bless me!