Friday, September 20, 2013

Defiant Fall

It's still 90 degrees here in Oklahoma...not very "Fall-ish", but I'm defying the weather and pulling out pumpkins anyway.  And Fall colors for this week's Color Dare are helping, too.


I am also linking this up to CAS-ual Fridays Challenge: Fall Colors + at least one leaf and Inspired By: #89,

The Olive background (chicken wire) stamp is from Distressed Backgrounds set.  The border along the top and bottom of the chicken wire is hand-drawn using a coordinating Olive marking pen.  To create my leaves, I used the stamp set One Way Borders

Here's a photo of the bottom leaf pattern created by stamping the triangle border in Autumn Terracotta in one direction, then turning the stamp around and stamping it again in the negative spaces with Goldrush.

I could have cut the leaf shapes from Art Philosophy, but I just got back from another "crafting away from home" session, so my Cricut wasn't set up.  Instead, I created the pattern, stamped the leaf from the coordinating Art Philosophy stamp set on the back side, then hand cut it.  To give the finished leaves a little more definition, I sponged Autumn Terracotta around the edges.

The sentiment is from one of the other Art Philosophy stamp sets.  I stamped it in Goldrush then "rolled" it in Autumn Terracotta just along the bottom.

The jute and buttons were affixed with Liquid Glass (I love that stuff...simply love it).  This card is a little thick for the mail, so I'll hand deliver it to my sister-in-law when I see her a couple weeks after her actual birthday.

The weather is supposed to drop as of tomorrow...only 85 degrees.  For this born and bred native Washingtonian, that's just too darn hot for Fall.  Maybe I'll turn my air-conditioner down to 65 and light a fire.

Until next time,
Becca

7 comments:

  1. Lovely fall card, Becca! I love your simple yet effective design. Great job using the background stamps to color the leaves. Love your artwork!
    :) Marie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, Becca! Check out H2H blog--you are the August Top Chick of the Month. Congratulations!
    :) Marie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card, love the chicken wire background! Thanks for playing at Inspired By.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, we finally found some fall temps here! How about you? I love each piece of this puzzle. Absolutely a fantastic card, Becca!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this!! I'm loving the modern look to it!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. love the pattern on the leaves. lovely card! thanks for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a cool pattern! clever! Thanks for playing CFC!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. You bless me!