Friday, September 13, 2013

JOY

Nothing like waiting until the last minute, right?

I made this card last weekend at my scrapbooking retreat and am just now getting around to posting it barely in time to enter it in this week's Less is More challenge.


Here are the supplies (CTMH in italics)
  • Stamps: Vintage Type (retired)
  • Ink: Ruby, Topiary, and Momento Tuxedo Black
  • Accessories: Liquid Glass (over letters), Black Shimmer tape, Tim Holtz Crinkle Ribbon, and white embroidery floss
I actually have a piece of black cardstock cut to 4"x1" and affixed the shimmer tape to the top and bottom edges.  The ribbon covered up the middle where the tape didn't meet (no use wasting supplies).

The ribbon was colored by running the Ruby and Topiary ink pads over the Crinkle Ribbon in sections, flicking a little water over the ribbon to get the colors to bleed, and pressing it between paper towels to dry.

Now, to give credit where it's due, this card was completely stamplifted from Kim Richardson's blog.  I like hers better!

Though this might be "last minute" for the Less is More challenge, I am filling up my stash for this year's Christmas Cards.  I really should be disciplined and do one a week, but...yeah.  My level of discipline only stretches so far.

Until next time,
Becca

5 comments:

  1. Wow, thank you!! You are too sweet! I love your card, its perfect! Kim ;)You have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is completely stunning Becca.
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooooh this is gorgeous! Less and perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on your win at LIM - your card is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So happy your card won the challenge! yay! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. You bless me!