Friday, October 4, 2013

Christmas Wreath Color Dare

I am trying to make up for a year's worth of procrastination and get Christmas cards done.  If I can possibly swing it, every challenge card from now until December 15th will be Christmas.  But with a Color Dare challenge of Outdoor Denim, Pacifica, and Ruby, I had to stretch to stop thinking July 4th and get to December 25th. 


The background involved several steps.  First, I dotted Outdoor Denim and Pacifica reinker onto a 3x3 square acrylic block.  I dipped my fingers in some water and dribbled it over the block to start the ink bleeding out.  I laid white, glossy cardstock over the top of the block, peeled it off, and poured kosher salt over the top.  I let it dry for a bit then used my embossing heat gun to finish the drying process.  After flicking off the remaining salt, I ran an embossing buddy over the surface and embossed Remarkable Wreath in white over the top.  The bow is stamped in Ruby pigment ink and embossed with clear powder.

Because the edges of my glossy cardstock were a mess, I cut the square out and mounted it on matte cardstock.  The blue outline is Pacifica cardstock.

The sentiment comes from A Holiday.  Although it's not in the current catalogue, it still shows as available to purchase.  Yes, ladies and gentlemen, that means everything on this card is current.  I may be running behind on my Christmas card stock, but I'm "current" here.  Works for me!

Until next time,
Becca

9 comments:

  1. This card is beautiful and very well put together! I love all your interesting techniques that you share. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love the water color effect. Thanks for explaining it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Becca! I love this color combination for Christmas. I will have to try your background technique. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a awesome Christmas card! Love the ink used to make up your background, very striking.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cool, Becca! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Terrific card and technique! Thanks for sharing how you got that wonderful watercolored effect. I will have to try this and I'll be thinking of the very talented Becca when i do!
    :) Marie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another technique I have to try! Thanks for sharing, Becca.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, that blue background is gorgeous! I may have to try that technique. Love it with the white wreath (which is one of my fave stamp sets).

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow! this is gorgeous! i love that deep blue panel.flawless!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. You bless me!