Saturday, October 26, 2013

Thanks a Latte

Friends are wonderful things to have!  Since hubby and I started moving all across the country with this Army adventure of ours, we have said goodbye to more than just friends.  We said goodbye to hubby's white coffee supplier.  (No, it's not coffee with lots of cream, it's flash roasted coffee beans the color of sand.)  He loves the stuff.  Has one every morning.  Sometimes has one at night, too. Can't live without it.

And we're almost out.

Enter wonderful friend.  She went to the store (which is forty miles away) to pick up two more 4lb. bags and is mailing them to us.  I promised her a reimbursement check in a cute card.


I used two challenges for this card:
  1. Mojo Monday Sketch 316
  2. Less is More: String or Twine.
Please notice that knot.  I followed the tutorial on the Less is More blog and managed to make it work.  Quite proud of myself. 

Quite proud of taking a Mojo Monday sketch and giving it a CAS feel so I could submit to Less is More.

Here's the supply list:
  • Stamps: Verve Better with You, CTMH Circle Around
  • Ink: Momento Tuxedo Black, CTMH Cashmere and Twilight
  • Copics: E55, E53, E50, C00, B0000, and 0 (Colorless)
  • Pearls: CTMH Mocha
  • Paper: CTMH Wonderland

Quite proud of having a friend who loves me enough to send coffee so I don't have to put up with pouting from a caffeine deprived spouse!

Until next time,
Becca

11 comments:

  1. Brilliant card Becca and your knot looks great
    Margaret x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a super card for such a super friend.
    Lynne xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. love my coffee and love this card

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful card! I totally relate to the "right" coffee thing? Golly, when did I get to be so picky?! LOL. I love the circle you created around the coffee stain rings, very cool! Isn't wonderful to have such loving friends?

    ReplyDelete
  5. We'll done on that knot Becca.
    This card is perfect for the recipient...and a great card too!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  6. really lovely, very cool coffee theme

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really like this, even though I don't drink coffee!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice job making the Mojo Monday sketch CAS!!! Very cute card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really loven your card. Just too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi, Becca! I'm visiting from the LIM site - love this cute card and you did a great job with that knot. Your friend will love this.

    ReplyDelete
  11. As I sit here sipping my 2nd cup this morning, I'm loving this card!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. You bless me!