Friday, October 18, 2013

Color My Snowflakes

This week at Color My Heart we are using a monochromatic color scheme with Crystal Blue and Twilight.  My card was inspired by fellow DT member, Marie, who posted this card a few challenges ago.  Here's my version:


I'm not sure you can see the two-tone stamping in the background, so here's a close up.  Using the stamp set Universal Background, I stamped the music in Crystal Blue and the words in Twilight over Crystal Blue cardstock.  I used a paper towel to lift some of the ink color before stamping so the edges blurred and it looked more distressed.

The textured panel was cut using an Artbooking overlay (p. 76 sized to 5").  It made some of the inner cuts of the snowflakes tiny, but it worked.  I've noticed a trend to use off-set panels rather than straight ones.  Since the overlay leaned to the left, I decided to follow that lean with angled paper.

The sentiment is from a retired stamp set called December Word Puzzle with the "merry" in Crystal Blue and the "Christmas" in Twilight.

I finished off the card with a triangle of leftover snowflakes and pearl accents.

One more card for my Christmas stash.  It's building, but I'm pretty sure I'll be in panic mode come November.

Until next time,
Becca

4 comments:

  1. Great card, Becca! Love the offset panel with delicately stamped background. Your card is quite different from the one you referenced and I'm glad that it inspired you. Thanks for mentioning your inspiration source.
    :) Marie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was still trying to decide if it was me, the angle of the photo or if the panel was really at an angle when you cleared up the mystery! I love it!! Excellent!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely snowflakes, Becca! These are the types of flakes no minds coming their way! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the double stamping technique! I can't wait to try that one! Beautiful card with such a tranquil feel.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. You bless me!