Monday, October 7, 2013

Little Black Dress

Well, I think I might have a new "all-time favorite" card.  The challenge this week over at Heart2Heart is "Little Black Dress" and I had more ideas than I could execute.  Here's the one I settled on (which I LOVE!):



Everything is current CTMH and comes from the For Always paper pack coordinating products.  The sentiment is actually a sticker mounted on foam tape.  I sewed the ruffles onto the cardstock to keep them secure.  There is a black grosgrain ribbon across the top of the fabric and a bow behind the sentiment which isn't showing up well in the picture.  A couple of corsage pins, and it's done. 

One of the hot trends for 2014 is "Conflicting Statements."  I love the classic black and white, the clean square along the top, and then the frilly ruffles along the bottom.

Yep...my new favorite.

Until next time,
Becca

5 comments:

  1. So glad to see ideas with the "For Always" fabric, which is just sitting on my shelf, gathering dust... I love your sassy little card! Elegant and flirty at the same time. I'm not surprised you're in love ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. FABULOUS! You really rocked it as our GuestDesigner at H2H with your first submission. I love your ruffled dress. Thanks for giving me yet another wonderful idea.
    :) Marie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous!! Love your ruffled border with the pop of color in the sentiment piece!! Your little black dress is stunning!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooo, I love it, too!! AND I think it would be great for other sentiments (wedding wishes, birthday, get well soon, even sympathy!). Thanks for the inspiration - excellent work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow! this is so beautiful! just perfect!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. You bless me!