Monday, October 21, 2013

Lace for Christmas

One of the "hot" trends for 2014 is lace, so it's great that Heart2Heart is inspiring us to use it on our projects this week.  Most of the time I glean inspiration and put my own twist on it.  Other times--like this card--are straight copies because the original is positively brilliantHere's the card that inspired mine, and here's my card:


All supplies (except as noted) are CTMH.  The word banners were made by stamping Poster Tidings (9/2013 Stamp of the Month) over a page from a book.  (One of the great/not-so-great things about being a writer is getting books to review.  I've received a few I wouldn't even donate to the Goodwill; however, I feel fine about tearing out pages and stamping on them!!)  The ink and paper colors are Hollyhock and New England Ivy.  I wanted it to look Christmassy, but I needed to use Hollyhock to coordinate with the Zipper Lace.  The tone-on-tone stamping was done using All the Details...my new favorite stamp set.

Non-CTMH supplies are as follows: white lace (Hobby Lobby); star punches (Marvy), pearl accents (Hobby Lobby).  The original card uses silver gems.  If I'd had enough on hand, I would have used them, but I think the pearls are a good substitute.  And, if you plan to copy my copy, I highly recommend the two different sizes of gems/pearls.  One size was just okay, the two sizes takes it over the top!

One caution about the sewing, if you use the zipper lace you need to be very, very careful that you don't let your needle hit the zipper teeth.  Three guesses as to why I'm giving you this tidbit of wisdom.  Do you need three?

I can't wait to see your lace creations this week!

Until next time,
Becca

1 comment:

  1. Alright, so how does one quite top one card after another?? Each time I link over I think, WOAH, now THAT is the best! The mix of papers and lace is terrific in this banner you created! Please don't stop! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. You bless me!