Saturday, September 15, 2018

Decorative Border Thin Cuts - 2 with Just Treats Stamp of the Month

Hubby and I went to see "Unbroken" last night. Now I know the movie is meant to be inspirational, a story of triumph over extreme adversity, but I can't handle it. As an Army Wife and Mom, my biggest fear for my soldiers is capture and torture at the hands of the enemy. I told hubs that asking me to go used up almost all of his "husband points" from the cruise.

Almost.

I couldn't go to sleep right after we got home, so I stayed up to make this...


I love the versatility of these borders. In addition to using them in the traditional way, I can create my own tags (although I purchased the new Fancy Tag Thin Cuts and will be showing you ideas with them soon). I used three of the border dies, one for the notebook paper type of edge on the top of the tag, the double stitched line around all the edges of the background paper and just under the Mink Twine, and the slanted edge across the top of the bottom border of patterned paper on the tag. The patterned paper comes from the Boutique Paper Pack. It's so fresh and trendy. I combined it with some Candy Apple accents and red coloring to change up the color palate just a smidge.


All of the stamped images come from the September Stamp of the Month (SOM), Just Treats. This set is only $5 with a qualified purchase and will take you through the holidays, Winter, and beyond. That darling little cup can be combined with the top left sentiment at any time of the year for coffee, tea, and hot chocolate. With some Saffron ink coloring, you could even make the cup hold chicken soup. It would be fussy, but you could get a Warm Comfort for You sentiment out of what's in this set...or you could just use a get well sentiment. I'm betting you already have one.

Before we quit discussing the versatility of this SOM,  don't forget about the fantastic striped border. So many fun things to do with that!

Here's the supply list (with links for your shopping convenience):


As for techniques, I used an old favorite when it comes to coloring. It's called "squeeze your stamp pad so the lid picks up ink, then use a paintbrush to pick up ink and color." I did that to fill in "Tidings," to highlight "and," and to add a slight border around the stitched heart. The cup and little red swooshes (or splash marks) were all colored with markers.

Another card tomorrow with this same SOM and more of the border die cuts. Unless I can't sleep again tonight, in which case you might be seeing it late tonight.

Until next time,
Becca

1 comment:

  1. An amazing card came from anxiety! I truly admire the wives and family of those who serve. I can't imagine living with that kind of worry! I hope your family soldiers will always come home safe and sound.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. You bless me!